Aunt Sue and Carissa came with us, so we had a whole caravan of Pless' riding down the beach strip together. But the weather was gorgeous and the company was great. We got some exercise and I was able to take some great scenic shots.
Once we biked the strip, we all decided to take a little break. Carissa and I sat down to chat and take pictures, Sue decided to ride on a little
further on her old beach cruiser, and Mike...well
For some reason, Mike thought it would be cool to try to bunny hop the tandem bike. So, he fiddles with the bike, hops a few times, and then Carissa and I witness the inevitable. As he is in mid-hop, his foot slipped and he cut his leg. The funny thing is, Mike looks at his huge gash and just shrugs his shoulders and continues to try to bunny hop the tandem bike! Who is this guy?
Carissa and I force Mike to the lifeguard where it
took this guy 3 times to try and wrap Mike's leg.
Even with a huge, deep gash in his leg, Mike still rode his bike like he was in a race...leaving the rest of us in the dust. He must still be in Missionary Bike Riding mode.
Later that night, Mike finally realized that his new gash wasn't a good thing. While everyone else was enjoying the hot tub at our family BBQ, Mike had to keep his cut dry and didn't participate at first. But, like he always does, he
I did feel bad for him at first, but he likes showing off his newest battle scar. After he showed the whole family his cut, I saw the pride in his eyes and then the pity in my heart went right out the window along with the idea of stitches.
I have to admit, after seeing Mike and his mini adventures, this makes me hope when we start our family, we will get a boy just as cute and mischievous as my husband. He makes every day interesting and laughable.
1 comment:
you just had to put up those pictures huh? haha. i look horrible! (: but it was a good day.
Post a Comment