Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Disneyland!!!


Mike and I were so happy to have my parents visit us for the weekend. We just have so much fun with them no matter what we are doing. One of our destination on our fabulous family trip was Disneyland.

Disneyland holds a special place in my heart. I've been a Disneyland fan since I was a little girl and I had the privilege of taking picture with the biggest celebrity I knew...Mickey Mouse. Never mind the fact that ever other little kid got the same privilege...I was special because he knew my name. (Later I realized my name was on the Mickey ears we bought.) But all the same, it is a magical place for me and my family.

Another Disneyland tradition we love are the yummy churros. As soon as we enter through the magical gates, the aroma of these sweet little treats float towards us. These little suckers never disappoint.

As soon as we get a churro, then we are ready to conquer the park. We got our Fast Track passes and cut everyone in line. Those passes are a thing of beauty. We were able to ride all of our favorite rides without standing in line for what feels like years. And with a little help from the rainy weather, the rides without Fast Track passes were abandoned. Yeah for the rain!

But one of the greatest things I love about Disneyland is the fact that anyone can feel and act like a kid again. You can still believe that Sleeping Beauty is still in her castle, that Pinocchio can one day be a real boy and that Mickey Mouse actually knows you by name.

And with a mischievous husband and parents you believe to be amazingly perfect, you believe that perfect days really do exists. Nothing but smiles, laughs and great memories exist those days. You forget about stress at work, deadlines and all of the responsibilities you have and you focus on the memories you are making.

Maybe it isn't just Disneyland that is magical. I believe that my family is magical. The time we spend together (whether in a park filled with cartoon characters or at home talking about our goals and dreams) is the time I cherish. But it is always nice to have a place where everyone knows your name (if you wear your personalized Mickey ears) and where the churros never run out.

No comments: