Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wild & Crazy Girls Night Out


Saturday night was a Girl's Night Out. Now, before you get any ideas, let me explain what this means. My friend Michele asked me to keep her company while her daughter went to a Church Stake Dance in Irvine. Because Irvine is an hour or so away, Michele had the idea of watching a movie in her minivan while waiting in the parking lot of the dance. Normally, I would pass on an invite like this, but Michele is so much fun to be around and to talk to, I wanted to go. So, after the teenagers vacated the van, Michele and I popped into the recliner chairs and watched 27 Dresses.
Michele super-sized our Girls Night Out by bringing water, popcorn, M&M's, Junior Mints and (my personal favorite), Milk Duds. The whole time we were watching the movie, I forgot we were in a van, in a parking lot, waiting for teenagers to finish dancing. I think Michele is one of the few friends I have that could pull this Girls Night Out off so successfully. I had a blast and I can't wait till Heather (Michele's daughter) has another dance to go to.
Mike was also happy I went out with Michele because that means he doesn't have to watch a Chick Flick with me. He gladly pushes that responsibility to Michele. Especially since the last Chick Flick we watched together was Becoming Elizabeth and I ended up bawling at the end. Mike really didn't know what to say to make me feel better. Two cheers for Girls Night Out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun (:
Btw, i updated my blog. haha

Parkinson Family said...

I just saw 27 Dresses too! What a cute girl's night out! Jared and I enjoy tennis too! It's cheap, great exercise, and it's okay if you're not amazing!