
This weekend was all about trying new things. Friday, Mike and I went out with a few friends to a Sushi Bar. Now, for those of you who know me... know I wasn't too jazzed about the whole sushi thing. Here in L.A., that is practically criminal, but I never felt like a sushi dinner was my style. So, I went with the mindset of "this is going to be gross", but I was pleasantly surprised! The key is to go with people that actually know what they are ordering. Very important part! After trying some different types, Mike and I want to go back.
Saturday, Mike and I decided to go to a car show in Redondo Beach. Mike is in the process of fixing up his old Nova and likes to show it off when he gets a chance. So, we drive to Redondo in the Nova (which by the way requires ear plugs because the engine is so loud) and we get to where the show is suppose to be...but sadly, we missed it by a day. We found out the shows are on Friday nights, rather than Saturday. But, we had a great dinner at a restaurant by the beach.
Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day by having Teri, Bob and Zack over for dinner. (For the record, Rachel was invited, she just had to work. We are not trying to phase Rachel out of the family. We actually wish she would come over more.) With that said, the rest of us had a great time. It was great having Zack with us because we never see him anymore. And it is always nice to have family get-togethers. Mike and I cooked dinner for the 5 of us and just had a great night.
Earlier that day at church, Primary teachers didn't have to teach because the Young Women were substituting for everyone. It was their way of giving us a break on Mother's Day. So, I went into Relief Society for the last hour and ...to be honest...I was bored. I missed my class! But there were cupcakes and flowers for everyone...so it was worth it.
The only thing I would have changed is the constant remark from the older ladies that one day I will be able to celebrate Mother's Day because I should have kids soon. Yeah...old ladies of my church...give it a break! We are not having kids yet. And when we do have babies, you can't hold them! It just won't be allowed now.
No comments:
Post a Comment