Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Request

I love being married to Mike. We are having so much fun as a married couple and we are just so in love. So, as a person that just wants more of a good thing, I have been hinting that I want to expand our family by getting a puppy. (Not baby...puppy) Now, I'm a pretty logical girl and I know that having a puppy isn't the best thing for Mike and I, but I bring it up to Mike everyday because I like to tease him. So, this post is just letting you all in on my little joke.

At this time of year in Southern California, EVERYONE has a dog. They are on the beach, on the streets, even in purses! It is the biggest trend right now.

The dog I want is an English Bulldog. Anyone who knows my family knows we have Sharpei's and we love their loose skin and wrinkles. So, it shouldn't shock anyone that I want another kind of wrinkly dog. It just runs in the family.

But, because I tease Mike about getting a puppy, I have planned out all the details about our future addition. And here they are:

If we get a boy, his name will be Toby. If we get a girl, her name will be Zoey. While he/she is still learning potty training, I'll just plop some baby diapers on the dog until she/he learns to go outside. :) (Mom, aren't you so proud of me??)

Toby/Zoey will come to work with me and my boss already called "dibs" on the dog being our office mascot. (This is why I love California Ad agencies...so laid back.)

In our apartment complex, we have a smoker below us and sometimes his smoke creeps into our apartment. So, I would just tell our manager that we got sick of smelling smoke so we decided to get a dog so we could smell him/her instead. Seriously now, what would YOU rather smell? Dog or smoke? That's what I thought.

So, now you all know what goes on between Mike and I everyday. One day, I know we will get a puppy, but for now, I'm happy to focus all my attention on Mike. Plus, he deserves it. He works so hard to provide for us and I could be happier that he is the man I get to tease for eternity!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puppies are great! I have 6! But I was going to let you know that the potty training is even easier because they have puppy diapers with little holes for their tales!

Brianne

Parkinson Family said...

You should go for it! Puppies are so much fun! I'm amazed at how quickly Hershey has become part of our little family! I used to laugh when I heard that puppies prepare you for parenthood - but now after potty training, dog feeding, taking her outside for bathroom and walks, vet visits, playing, making sure we're not out too long with her in the kennel, etc., I believe it! I'd much rather smell puppy than cigarette smoke!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, it's just that i haven't seen those cousins in a loonngg time. But yeah, we should all totally chill one of these days. I miss my roomie (; haha. Keep me posted!