Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trashing the Wedding Dress


I read about this creative idea in a wedding magazine. After the wedding and the reception, you get back into your wedding dress and take amazing pictures with them and you trash it! I think this is the most liberating experience for a bride! It is mind-boggling not to care about how clean your dress is!

So, on Monday, my photographer friend, Karyn, and I went to Manhattan Beach to have some fun! I was sitting on benches, leaning against railings and laying on the beach! The real fun started as soon as I started walking on the beach and into the water. The water was freezing, but it was so worth it! My dress got so heavy once it was wet, but the pictures look amazing! Plus, after awhile, your legs go numb anyways.

We also started drawing a crowd! People were yelling from the pier not to get to close to the water or else I would get wet. Then when they saw me run into a wave, I think someone screamed. It was quite entertaining.

It was just a super fun experience and my dress is perfectly fine...it is at the dry cleaners right now. Our dry cleaner almost had a heart attack when he saw the dress, but promised to get all the sand out of it.

I just don't see the point of sealing your dress without having some fun first! I think this was the perfect way to end my wedding experience! By the way, more pictures will come...these are just the teaser shots I got from Karyn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i seriously started laughing when i read this. sounds like you had a lot of fun. (:

Hot Hot JJ said...

How fun! I love your blog Janderson (does anybody still call you that??). I want to see way way way more photos from your wedding and also your apartment.

Jess