Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hawaii Honeymoon

Hawaii was amazing! We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, the Hawaii Temple, a luau, the Waikiki Zoo, and the North Shore. It was the perfect way to relax after our wedding.
We were on the island of Oahu and we stayed at this JW Marriott hotel which was amazing. The hotel had a private lagoon, so we never had to fight for beach space. Mike and I spent so much time by the pool or the beach. We even swam next to sea turtles! It was pretty cool.
We spent a day at the Polynesian Cultural Center thanks to Camille, Mike's boss. He bought us Ambassador passes which meant we had a special tour, awesome seats at the fire show and shell leis.
Mike and I got temporary tattoos at one of the islands. I thought they were pretty cool...but I think Mike just got one to match mine. We also learned how to throw spears and just for the record...mine was pretty close to the target. My village would have great protection!

We went to a luau and had these amazing pina coladas...virgin style of course. ;) If anyone knows my mom, she LOVES pina coladas and these would have made her proud! Plus, anything that comes in a pineapple shell and with a flower is just fun!

Overall, it was a great vacation. It was weird not having family around us though. We both were so use to family vacations...but it was fun starting our own family traditions. The only thing that was NOT perfect was the fact that Saturday, I got a major sunburn on my back and legs...the next day we were on a flight for 6 hours. That was not my idea of a great flight.

I cannot wait to go back! Hawaii is gorgeous and so much fun! Aloha!!

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

What a beautiful honeymoon! I'm glad you were able to go to Hawaii!