Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Updates

Yesterday we had our first doctors appointment and everything went peachy!

Jack is right around 10lbs and 23.5 inches and the doctor pretty much confirmed that our baby is perfect. He was even calm and quiet during the rectal temperature reading which - as you can imagine - isn't that fun.


Other than that, things have been smooth sailing this week. We are getting use to our new sleeping, changing and feeding schedule which is becoming our whole world, but how can you say no to that face?

On my end, there have been little things that seemed like distant memories that now have come back into my reality...like the fact I don't have to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes, or sleeping on my back, no swelling in my feet...or even being able to SEE my feet. I forgot what it felt like to see my unswollen, cute feet! It's the little things that make this new momma happy.

So, we are riding high this week people with unswollen feet and the most cuddly baby in the world.

(I should add LONG, cuddly baby as you can see our fancy measuring tool gauging his height in this picture when Jack was a week old.)

1 comment:

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

I love all these posts, I hope they never stop! I must say though, you should really change your heading, Jack probably doesn't appreciate it ;) MISS YOU