Friday, July 13, 2012

Things to Remember

There are just a few things I want to always remember about this crazy time period as a new parent...


Jack always gets the hiccups after he eats...even in the womb I'd get a little hiccup session from him after every meal.

When he is really excited for food, he shakes his head and has this "Nom, nom, nom" look that makes us think his is attacking his food instead of just eating.

He flashes us a few smiles each time he is about to drift off into La-la Land.

He has to have his hands near or on his face when eating...or at any time throughout the day. We are guessing he is trying to help during feeding time, but we usually get into a mini arm wrestling match until Mike or I give up.

He is unusually calm right before he nails us with a pee stream when getting changed.

He likes his afternoon naps on my chest and no where else.

He recognizes my voice when others are around.

He gets a kiss on each cheek after getting changed and I always see a flash of little smile each time.

He loves lifting his head up and looking around, especially when we are having tummy time.

He loves back rubs and he always wraps his little arms around my arm when we are having Superman time (aka: he lies tummy down on my arm and I rub his back). It's like special hugs from him.

And the best thing so far, I would always sing him 'Golden Slumbers' by the Beatles when pregnant since it is the only song I could remember all the words to, and now it's the only song that calms him down for bed time.

I'm tired, always guessing what he wants and just constantly praying that I can be the best kind of mom that he needs, but it makes everything worth it when it's just me and him for our afternoon nap time.

Best. Job. Ever.

2 comments:

JM Steele said...

Hi Jesse & Mike, and Jack-Jack,
Love your pictures and updates of Jack and being new parents. Sounds like you're doing fabulous!
And all is going well....what a
blessing! (even got to return your pink things..yiphee!)
We're so happy for you three!
Enjoy! Love you,♥ J & T ♥(JMS)

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

This is so sweet, got me all choked up!