Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Fabulous Weekend!

So Mike and I had a great weekend together! Friday we went on our date night which was just amazing. We didn't do anything spectacular, but with all the stuff going on lately, we both felt a little disconnected. It was nice to just shut our phones off and have a nice, romantic dinner together. We have also been watching 24 and we just finished the second season, so we are anxious to see how Jack Bauer saves the world for a 3rd time.

Saturday was just marvelous. We got up early and ran a few errands. (I.e.: Oil changes on both cars, grocery shopping and a trip to Lowes) I'm starting to plan how the front of my house should look; meaning, I think I want to plant some flowers, but I'm not sure what to plant or when to plant. But after our errands, we were able to have down time. We just wanted an afternoon together around the house without any obligations. Mike and I actually played Sega Genisus the Toe Jam and Earl game for an hour and we beat it! Yippee for team work. Playing that game brought back so many memories of my brother and I playing Sega and I started to feel like a care-free kid for a little bit. Later, we got a call from my friend Michele, inviting us over to swim. We had an hour long water gun fight with her boys, so the care-free kid feeling lingered for a while. Afterwards, we hooked up with Rachel (my sister-in-law) and her boyfriend Sean for a double date to Benihana's. Yummy food! So, Mike and I felt relaxed and fulfilled by the time Saturday came to a close.

We had a great, relaxing Sunday as well and I was wondering why I hadn't heard from my parents at all. Sunday is the day they call me for a weekly update and chat, but there was no such call. Well, by 9:00 p.m., I check my phone and I had 10 missed calls from various people including my parents. Yup ... I forgot to take my phone off silence after church. Oops! Oh well, I needed the quiet time. I'm noticing more and more that the concept of Time-Out isn't bad - in fact, I wish someone would put me in Time-Out during the week so I could just stay in my room and read.

But, all in all, Mike and I had a fabulous weekend together and we are ready to face the tough week and a half ahead of us before our trip to Boston to see Adam and Marci! I can't wait to see them and I know Mike and Adam are going to start playing Sega Genisus together like little boys. Ahh ... the joys of a great family!

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

Your house is adorable! You've done an amazing job decorating! I love the vinyl lettering "enjoy" sign you made! Jared and I loved watching all the 24 seasons! Have fun! I talk to my mom and sis each Sunday too!
P.S. Your background is fabulous! Where did you find it?!