A few of you asked about my job. Before I go into detail, let me say I welcome blogging topics. Half the time I wonder if anyone is interested in the topics I blog about - so bring on the suggestions.
Well, I work for a company called LACED Interactive; which is an interactive advertising agency located in Redondo Beach. I started at LACED almost a year ago. LACED is a smaller interactive agency with about 10 employees.
For those that need clarification, an interactive agency is not your typical ad agency. We develop and program websites, rich media, internet-based games and much, much more. We build brands in a digital space. I am an Account Manager and my day consists of interfacing with clients, directing our Production and Design teams while staying on-task, on-schedule and under budget. I'm bossy, sweet, decisive and organized all at the same time.
I'm the person the client praises or yells at and I buffer any client communication that needs to be passed onto our teams. Basically, everything and anything goes through me first before reaching it's final destination. I can deal with up to 10 clients a day and each client has their own unique project. We mainly focus on websites, but every day is different here.
I also help in testing websites before the public sees them, in the planning and conceptual design process and I even get to spend time testing games to ensure their quality. Some days just consist of talking to clients and team members, but other days I get to be a "Jack-of-all-trades"; meaning I can do research, test for quality assurance, and help redefine the flow of a website.
I also help internally with Marketing efforts and supporting our Sales team internally. The great thing is I don't have to do sales! I just make sure our sales team has the material they need to sell effectively.
LACED is such a great fit for me. I have been growing so much since I started here and I love that my employers see endless possibilities and opportunities in me. My communications skills have improved greatly and I'm able to learn about the interactive world quicker than most people. Interactive is so different from print advertising and some people have a hard time crossing-over, but I feel like I finally found my niche!
This month has been extremely busy due to the fact that my boss over sales and account management is off-site for the month, leaving me in charge of ALL of our clients and communications. It is a big step for me, but I've been able to rise to the occasion and prove myself capable and responsible - which is totally awesome! I feel so blessed to have found this company and to be able to prove my talents and abilities. After leaving my job in Utah, I had a hard time believing in my abilities, but after working here at LACED, I've feel like I'm coming into a field that is my forte. With guidance from my employers, I realized I had the right skills, they just needed to be tweaked a little. So...that is what I do, where I do it and how much I enjoy doing what I do. Plus, I work a street away from the beach - how could anyone resist that?
2 comments:
So glad you found a good fit!
I love your description of "bossy, sweet, decisive and organized!" What a cool job Jess! That does sound like a perfect fit for you and I know you're great at it!
Post a Comment