Monday, August 18, 2008
A Sneak Peek
Here are a few pictures of our little house. Things aren't completed put away and in there proper places, but I'm so proud that we've gotten this far! So, while viewing our house, keep in mind that there are a few other design elements that we still need to add and I'll point out some of my ideas.
Another side of our living room. I want to get different sizes of black candle holders and place them all in front of the fireplace space. I think this is something I'm just going to have to tackle with time and patience. Also, note that we have all hardwood floors. We love our floors and we found some great area rugs at Target that match my color palette.
This is the doorway into the dining room. Ignore my vacuum...I was cleaning right before I took this picture.
This is picture is skipping to our kitchen. Here is our fridge and my cute kitchen cart. The doorway on the left goes to our laundry room. (I can't believe I have a laundry room! Thank goodness for little miracles!)
Here is our dining room table and my cafe style curtains. I can't decide on the length, that is why they are different. By the way, I hope the people that sent the "reminders" or "death threats" realize that this was difficult for me to share pictures of an unfinished house ... so be grateful.
I call this our Granny shelf. It is built-in and it is so awkward as far as storing anything in it. I'm not 100% set on what is in the shelf, but it works for now.
This is more of our dining room. I love my big clock, but Mike calls it the Old Folks clock because of how big it is. (Old people need huge font scriptures and huge font clocks...)So...we thought it was fitting that the Old Folks clock is next to the Granny Shelf. So technically this wouldn't be our Dining room, but our Old Folks/Granny room.
Here is a close up of our shelf. I love this shelf because I get to show off my favorite platter and my cute Jessica and Mike plaque. I don't know ... it just makes me happy.
Here is our bathroom - one of the only rooms that isn't red. black and white.
More bathroom pictures. Crazy to think that I have had this shower curtain and daisy pictures since college.
Ok -this is a plaque that I made last weekend for my kitchen. My friend Michele and I are starting a new craft project with these vinyl saying and I couldn't wait to start! This was my tester project before we start the larger project. I think it is adorable. It's on a glass floater frame and I added a few ribbons to get that pizazz.
This is part of my kitchen. I mainly took this picture to show you my Scentsy Candle warmer (the tan thing that is next to the sink). I bought this from Marci's (my sister-in-law) sister-in-law, Lynsey. It is a great way to get a candle smell without lighting a wick. And, if you have a husband like mine, it doesn't burn skin when touched. I love this thing and the different wax blocks you can get! It makes my whole kitchen smell wonderful! Her website (if anyone is interested) is www.scentsy.net
This is my pride and joy! My washer and dryer...aren't they beautiful?! This is our little laundry room.
So, that is a sneak preview of our house. Soon, I'll show the bedroom, office and garage. I know you can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment