Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The end is near ... FINALLY!

I know everyone uses the excuse that their lives are so busy that they never have time for anything else. It is a little cliche, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! But, because I've received so many complaints and death threats from unnamed friends about not blogging, I decided to write something ... (anything actually) to calm the masses.

So, I don't have any pictures, but we have moved into our little house and we are loving it! Everyone who has seen it calls it "adorable" - meaning it is small. But it is the perfect size for Mike and I ... and maybe a dog one day.

I have a hard time posting pictures of my house right now because it is not perfectly decorated and showing you pictures of an unfinished house is against my morals. So, that being said, I'll post pictures as soon as my morals allow it.

We have had so much help and support while moving in and I really feel grateful for family and friends that felt too guilty to say no to us. Oh, and the scores of missionaries that counted us as their monthly service project. It was a beautiful thing to see how many people love us. Even my parents - who are in Northern California - helped us get a washer and dryer which has been so amazing! This was the COOLEST thing ever! I can do laundry whenever I want and I don't need a roll of quarters. What a blessing! Seriously - I want to thank all of our family and friends that helped us - physically and emotionally - in this move. It really touches me to know that help is never too far away and how lucky I feel to have a family so warm and reliable. Thank you for everything you have done for us! I really do love and appreciate all of you.

Now, enough of that emotional Mumbo Jumbo! I need to tell everyone that Mike is as happy as a clam! He has been out in HIS garage organizing things and working on his beloved Nova. He gets excited to fix things around the house because his tools are just a few feet away from him. I came home from work a little late last night and I find Mike in the garage with this content look on his face. His universe is complete now that his three loves are near him. (aka.: Me, the Nova and the tools.)

Other than moving, Mike and I have both been extremely busy at work. I've been taking on more clients and becoming a larger part of the company. A few people wanted to know more about my job and what I do. I'll add a separate post because this one is getting long. But Mike made the Dean's List last semester (so proud of him!) and he has been juggling his full-time job and his side gig of programming for his dad. Oh, and he has been dealing with the move and his stressed out wife. So...I believe this qualifies him as some kind of super hero. But, all in all, we are happy, our move has been successful and we are just so grateful for all our blessings!

2 comments:

Hot Hot JJ said...

Jessica,
Not a good idea to post your full address on your blog, ya know? I'd remove it, and ask people to email you if they want it.

Glad you are happy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mike is really enjoying his garage, and I'm glad the unpacking has slowed down to the max. you guys got a washer and dryer?YAYYY! :D

Glad you're loving your new house. it IS adorable<3