Friday, April 11, 2008

Primary Teacher Calling

As most of you know, I am the new Primary teacher for our ward's 7 year-olds. For those of you not familiar with my Church, that means every Sunday, I get to spend 2 hours with 5 little kids, teaching them the fundamental teachings of our Gospel. But there was just one concern for me before I started my new calling...I have no clue what 7 year-olds like or how they learn. The only thing I knew was pretty much summed up in this picture...
The great thing is, I got advice from my mom, my sister-in-law Marci and my friend Holly - who all have experience with this age group. So, now, I can feel like I'm helping them learn the teachings of the Gospel while preparing them for the most important event of their lives...Baptism! And the best part is...we can all color in the meantime! (Who doesn't love coloring??)

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

Good luck with primary! 7 year olds are pretty capable of sitting and listening and should understand your lessons. You will be wonderful with them. Turning lessons into games is always exciting. I have Sunbeams and know the entire rest of primary is (or should be) laughing at the circus we put on during sharing time.