Happy 2011 everyone!
My Christmas Countdown blogging didn't go quite as planned, but I should never under-estimate the amount of chaos that come the week before Christmas. Lesson learned.
With that said, here is our Christmas card that has now been molded into a Happy New Year's card with our little newsletter.
Dear Family and Friends,
Happy New Year! Our schedules have been spilling over this last year, so our Christmas Newsletter has been molded into a New Year newsletter! As we reflect over 2010, we feel so blessed with the amount of love, support and joy that has filled this year. Here’s what has been going on in our world:
Mike is in his last semester at DeVry University! Hooray! He will be graduating with his degree in Computer Engineering in February and he has been on the Dean’s List of Academic Excellence every semester.
In addition to being a full-time student, Mike is working as the Assistant Manager of Alltech Computer Store and fulfilling his calling as the First Counselor in the Elder’s Quorum. In other words, he doesn’t get that much sleep!
Instead of car projects, Mike’s main focus this year has been on his Senior Project for school. Mike is better at explaining the details of the project, but just know, his project is knocking the socks off all the Dean’s at DeVry and has been dubbed the most advanced Senior Project to grace DeVry’s institution in over 8 years. I’m so proud of his accomplishments and his ability to juggle school, work, church and Jess-time!
I’ve been moving up in the Marketing World this last year. I was promoted to the Director of Client Relations in May which means I manage all our clients, projects, my internal team and all those large marketing budgets and deadlines. It has been stressful to say the least, but I’ve been enjoying every minute of it.
When not working, I spend my time as the First Counselor in the Young Women’s organization, cooking and enjoying various craft projects.
I’ve also taken a second job at night; Mike’s Senior Project Assistant. I hold wires, hand him tools, give hugs, cheer when a demo is successful, encourage him when a demo isn’t as successful and pretend to know what he is talking about when discussing the physics and calculus equations of his project. You’d be happy to know that I have been the employee of the month for 12 months in a row! You think I’d get a raise by now...
2010 has brought so many surprises and we are looking forward to the adventures 2011 will bring. Thank you for all your love and support throughout this last year and we hope your New Year is fabulous!
Love, Jess & Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment