Thursday, July 24, 2008

Never-Ending Packing...

I hope when you read that headline you are singing the Never Ending Theme song! Moving on... it has felt like months since my last post and this post will probably be a mish-mash of thoughts. This last week has been so abnormal for me.

First of all, my bosses have been out of town, which leaves me in charge. It has been pretty cool and I was able to handle things and still find the time to do some mass packing. Because our programmers are able to work from home, there was no huge reason for me to stay in the office. I was able to forward all work calls to my cell phone and set up my computer at home. When I had to call clients, they had no clue I was calling them in my pajamas from my apartment. (Muhaha...sneaky, sneaky!) It was totally different from what I was use to, but I liked it! It helped me see that when kids eventually come along for me and Mike, I still have the option to work from home.

With my new found freedom for the week, I was able to split my time between work and packing. And to be honest...this flexible schedule couldn't have come at a better time and really has been a blessing. I've been able to pack up most of our room and living room. The only thing left is the big stuff (which is Mike's job), the office and the kitchen. Not too shabby considering we are moving out in a week. Mike also has been moving boxes over to the new place's garage on his way to work, so the stress is beginning to ease up and I'm more confident that we will be ready to move in at the end of the month. Thank goodness!

In other news, my friend Michele has signed-up as a volunteer for a program called Ride to Fly; which is a program that helps disabled people learn how to ride horses. She has been taking lessons from an instructor, but hasn't seemed to fully understand her teacher's advice and it has affected her confidence. Anyone who has been around horses knows you need that rock-solid confidence if you are going to be able to control the horse. Anyways...getting to the point, she asked me if I would be willing to become her instructor. After a few tips I gave her, she felt more confident and wants me to teach her from now on. I thought this request was pretty cool! I've grown up with horses and it was great to have those memories flood back! Horse-back riding was a hobby that my mom and I shared together. I have some of the best memories with my mom and horses. Well, the bottom line of this story is ... (drum-roll please) ... I'm going to get back into horse-back riding and become Michele's teacher as well as a volunteer for the Ride to Fly program! I'm pretty excited and we will see how it all goes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You finally updated! (:
When are you guys going to start going to Lomita Ward? This sunday? (;

Anyway, Horse back riding eh? Lucky! Take me! (:

HERALMONDSHAPEDEYES said...

p.s. background stealer (;
hahaha<3

HERALMONDSHAPEDEYES said...

...that was carissa...

Anonymous said...

hahaha i was totally kidding (;
and no no, i insist that you have it. You're much more deserving of it than i am (:

HERALMONDSHAPEDEYES said...

its jen now.
i heard since you're move you're gonna be going to lomita ward? [:
well, i usually go there so hopefully i'll be seeing you there.
horseback riding teacher and volunteer, that sounds so awesome, so jealous!! haha, i've never been horseback riding but i hope to someday. :)