Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend was pretty busy and the one thing Mike and I learned was the fact that we are not 10 years old anymore. Let me explain...on Friday, Mike, Rachel (Mike's Sister), Sean (Rachel's boyfriend) and I went to Pismo Beach to meet up with Mike's friend Josh and his family. The plan was to go 4-wheeling in the sand dune areas, but as fate would have it, we didn't get that chance.

It took us 3 hours to drive to Pismo Beach and when we got there, Josh's family was having a crisis thanks to the Pismo Beach police. Their trailer with all their gas, food and essentials was impounded and they couldn't get it back! So, when we got there, we took a walk on the beach and decided to head home after an hour. Might I add ... the wind was so fierce that day, we all felt like our bodies were exfoliated by the sand whipping around. So, another 3 hours home and Mike and I were exhausted. We fell asleep instead of going to the firework show. How lame are we! But honestly...you see one firework show, you see them all.

Saturday, Mike and I went to Knottsberry Farm for the day. We got there right when it opened and NO one was there! We were able to ride all the rides in an hour! We thought no lines would be sweet, but Knotts has some ridiculously fast and jolting rides. We found out the hard way that we were not 10 anymore. After 4 rides in a row, we needed a break from the twisting, turning and flipping! Our stomachs couldn't handle it anymore. But, we were able to do all the rides at Knotts and leave by 1:30! (And thanks to my magnificent skills, we didn't have to buy the food there. I packed really yummy lunches!)

After Knotts, we went home and changed for dinner with Mike's boss, Camille and his family. We went to a great seafood restaurant! After dinner, we took a scenic drive down PCH, but the problem was ... everyone else was taking the same drive, so it turned into a creep instead of a drive.

Sunday, I asked Mike to help out with my Primary class. (I had 10 kids! They are multiplying on me!) The kids love it when Mike comes to help. (Mainly because he acts like one of them half the time, but honestly, who doesn't love Mike?) But, the main reason he came into my class was to tell my kids that we are moving and I'll no longer be there teacher come August. They were pretty broken up about it. (That's why Mike told them). One of my kids, Mark, even wrote a letter to the Bishop asking if we can stay in the ward and still be his teacher. It was adorable and Mark is the same student that wrote my name place card that I blogged about a while ago.

So, even though our weekend didn't turn out exactly how we thought, we still had fun together! I'm so happy I have a fun, mischievous and happy-go-lucky husband that makes my weekends interesting.

1 comment:

Kirsten Treff said...

sorry to hear about your 4th...hope the drive was at least scenic. It's funny you fell asleep before fireworks- David and I did the same thing last year after being jet lagged from a trip to NY!