Now that the cat is officially out of the bag, there are so many updates to share. I always look back and see how Heavenly Father has lead me to certain points in my life and being pregnant is no exception.
Mike and I had been trying for about a year to get pregnant and it was the most frustrating time in my life. I don't care who you are or how successful you are, when you pee on a pregnancy test and it comes out negative...you feel like you just flunked a test. As we would keep trying, I would get sadder and sadder thinking that there was something wrong with me. Every night I would pray for guidance and the only answer I would get in return is, "Everything is going to be fine. Trust me." But, my controlling side wanted dates and timelines of when we would expand our family.
Then, in March, Mike and I got the answer that I needed to quit my job. If anyone knows how crazy an advertising agency can get, you know that stress was my middle name. This direction was tough for me because I wanted to know what my next steps were going to be before I quit. But, that wasn't in the Lord's plan. So, I put my two weeks notice in and just hoped everything would work out. It was so weird having days to myself and it was a hard adjustment at first. I kept doubting myself and my decision, but I kept getting the same answer that everything was going to be fine.
Now, I will admit that is was great to have all the free time you wish for when you are working, but I felt like I should be doing more. Thank goodness for Mike and his magic ability to calm my crazy side. He is the best pep-talker ever!
We were still trying for a baby and nothing was happening...until I was finally fed up. I hated the look of ovulation and pregnancy tests and I just wanted it to all go away.
That's when we declared our "Year of Fun". One full year of enjoying each other, no pregnancy tests, no worrying about fertility, etc. Mike and I just wanted to enjoy our time together, travel, do something crazy like get a dog and just relax.
We started this plan at the end of August....
I got pregnant in September.
"Year of Fun" plan works (for those of you who care to know)!!
And thank goodness we didn't get a dog because I could not handle any weird smells throughout the whole first trimester! Especially doggie poop.
To wrap up my final thoughts for this post...I am so grateful I listened to the Lord, even if I had to take a few (hundred) steps in the dark. There are still a few things up in the air for our little family, but at this point, we don't care. I now completely trust that everything will work out.
And to our little growing cookie, I can't put into words how happy I am that you are here with us. (even if you make it impossible to keep food down) It's all worth it.
Mike and I had been trying for about a year to get pregnant and it was the most frustrating time in my life. I don't care who you are or how successful you are, when you pee on a pregnancy test and it comes out negative...you feel like you just flunked a test. As we would keep trying, I would get sadder and sadder thinking that there was something wrong with me. Every night I would pray for guidance and the only answer I would get in return is, "Everything is going to be fine. Trust me." But, my controlling side wanted dates and timelines of when we would expand our family.
Then, in March, Mike and I got the answer that I needed to quit my job. If anyone knows how crazy an advertising agency can get, you know that stress was my middle name. This direction was tough for me because I wanted to know what my next steps were going to be before I quit. But, that wasn't in the Lord's plan. So, I put my two weeks notice in and just hoped everything would work out. It was so weird having days to myself and it was a hard adjustment at first. I kept doubting myself and my decision, but I kept getting the same answer that everything was going to be fine.
Now, I will admit that is was great to have all the free time you wish for when you are working, but I felt like I should be doing more. Thank goodness for Mike and his magic ability to calm my crazy side. He is the best pep-talker ever!
We were still trying for a baby and nothing was happening...until I was finally fed up. I hated the look of ovulation and pregnancy tests and I just wanted it to all go away.
That's when we declared our "Year of Fun". One full year of enjoying each other, no pregnancy tests, no worrying about fertility, etc. Mike and I just wanted to enjoy our time together, travel, do something crazy like get a dog and just relax.
We started this plan at the end of August....
I got pregnant in September.
"Year of Fun" plan works (for those of you who care to know)!!
And thank goodness we didn't get a dog because I could not handle any weird smells throughout the whole first trimester! Especially doggie poop.
To wrap up my final thoughts for this post...I am so grateful I listened to the Lord, even if I had to take a few (hundred) steps in the dark. There are still a few things up in the air for our little family, but at this point, we don't care. I now completely trust that everything will work out.
And to our little growing cookie, I can't put into words how happy I am that you are here with us. (even if you make it impossible to keep food down) It's all worth it.
4 comments:
I totally understand what you were going through, I have totally been there. Nate and I tried for a year before we got pregnant with this one. With Lilly it only took 6 months so I thought something was wrong as well. Its hard being patient! I'm so happy for you!
having Isla was a trial for me too, and I was way sick for about 4 months, but then I felt amazing!! I hope it gets better for you too! I'm so excited for you!
LOVED your Christmas card announcement! I am so happy for you! you are going to be a wonderful mother!!! I enjoyed reading about following the guidance you felt though prayer. Way to follow inspiration, even when you couldn't see why. :) I sometimes wish I could see Heavenly Father's 10 year plan for me, but realize it's like asking Him who I am going to marry when I'm 16 and it's just not in the plan!
Thanks for writing about the process for you -- I have had a similar experience. I am so pleased for your achievement. I've learned that whether or not you are under stress really makes all the difference.
Post a Comment