Friday, December 12, 2008

My Birthday

This year I had an amazing birthday! My sweet, thoughtful husband made the day special. He really out-did himself this year and I am still stunned. He got me the softest bathrobe in the world and I love wearing it. He also brought home flowers and my "official" gift....a Mac computer! Not only did he get the Mac, he loaded the computer with every program imaginable! So yes my blogging buddies, I am writing this blog from my new Mac computer thanks to Mike. My family-in-law also got me the cutest purse and I can't wait to build an outfit around it. ;) All I can say (which seems to be a theme for this blog), is that I am very blessed. 

Turning 25 today has made me stop and ponder the things I have learned over the last year and I want to share some of my thoughts...
  1. No matter what happens in life, my family will always be there supporting me.
  2. Marriage is fantastic, but getting married in the right place and the right time for the right reasons makes it phenomenal.
  3. Any question can be answered with a little pray and faith
  4. Life is uncontrollably messy ... and that's okay because I don't have to clean it up.
  5. If I can laugh in a hard situation, I can get through it
  6. Cuddling with Mike is Chicken Soup for my Soul... not the stories in the book.
  7. My parents always told me "You'll thank me one day" ... Thanks Mom and Dad
  8. No matter how many times I ask, Mike will still forget to put his socks in the hamper. It's okay though, I love him enough to do it for him
  9. There is always my plan and Heavenly Father's plan... Heavenly Father's plan is better
  10. There is nothing wrong with a good, hard crying session... let the mascara run!
  11. My college professors lied to me... in the real world, I've never used the statistical equations they made me memorize.
  12. There is nothing more fulfilling than sitting around with my family playing Pictionary
  13. You can't control everything. As my family always says... "Let the blood flow"
  14. I can quote all the movie lines I want to Mike... he still doesn't know what I'm talking about. I guess that will always be a college roommate thing.
  15. My parent's are the world's best wedding planners. I think the 3 of us should open shop!
  16. I will never understand some of Mike's missionary pictures
  17. After running 90 miles an hour for a few weeks, you have to slow down. It's your choice whether you relax yourself or a cold does it for you.
  18. People are always afraid to call us because we are "Newlyweds"... newlyweds like friends too!
  19. No matter how many times my sister-in-law teases me, I still like the cheesy sayings and Kodak Moments
  20. My brother always has a special place in my heart. He knows how to tease me, talk to me and love me like big brothers should. 
  21. The older I get, I start enjoying TLC shows more... Like Jon and Kate plus 8
  22. It amazes me that Mike always knows exactly when to hug me and tell me everything will be alright
  23. Traveling is always better when Mike is with me... he usually takes the middle seat and lets me use his shoulder as a head rest. 
  24. I am just starting to realize that my parent's were just like me not so long ago. They had fun dates, an exciting engagement, and a love-filled wedding. I always knew my parent's were cool, but I'm starting to see them in a different light... and I like it. 
  25. I never knew love and life could be this amazing. With friends, family and Mike... my love tank is full!


4 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

How insightful! I loved reading your list and definitely agree! Also, way to go with finishing Christmas shopping early! And I cannot think of a more perfect calling for you than being in young women's...those girls are so lucky to have you! :)

Courtney said...

I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you had a great birthday. And I must say I'm a little jealous of your new mac computer. (hehehe)

Anonymous said...

i love number 12.
good times at thanksgiving.
love you cousin-in-law (:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? Have you dropped off the face of the earth? I miss reading about your life.