Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Back Baby!!

My Goodness!! I haven't blogged in a while! Eek...where did my the 3 months go? Well, with that said, I now must calm my Blogging Buddies and let them know I am still alive and I promise to never ignore my blog for so long again!

Now, there are so many things to report. These last few months have been crazy! I can't believe my last entry was in December. So...quick recap. Mike and I went to Northern California for Christmas (yes I know it is March...moving on) and we had a blast! Adam and Marci came home as well, so my parents were thrilled to have the whole family - and additions - home for the holidays. If any of you know my parents, you know that their vacations aren't truly vacations. They had us booked up for the entire week! We went to San Francisco and stay a few fabulous nights there shoppings, going on food tours, and watching IMAX movies. If that wasn't enough to keep us happy, we had dinner parties, games nights (one of my favorite things) and movie nights. But the best thing (Mike's opinion especially) we did was go Go-Kart racing! We had to suit up in helmets, suits, neck braces and we sped down that track going a whopping 40 miles per hour! (For my mom and myself...it was really like 35...or 25 mph, just depending on who was cutting us off or slamming into us.) This track was intense...so much so that I felt it was my duty to ruin the track by smashing into the side...more like skidding into the side. (this is right before my speed dropped down to 25mph or so.) Yes, the day at the track was pretty awesome - except when my dad slammed into me going full speed. Could have done without that. But have no fear my Blogging Buddies...I slammed into him on the 2nd lap. And, as some of you might be imagining...Mike, Adam and my dad were competing the whole time for 1st place. I'm so proud of my Mikey for kicking my brother's and dad's trash in one of the races! Adam then kicked everyone's trash in the second race. Now, as a disclaimer...my dad should have been in 1st place for both races, but for some reason he kept getting sent to the penalty box. Serves him right for crashing into his daughter. I guess you can guess who was in last place...but my mom and I kept telling everyone it was because we are too loving and kind...right...

We had an awesome Christmas with my parents and I love going home! Just seeing the rolling hills, the obese horses we have, and the peaceful breeze that sweeps through the porch just warms my heart. I always feel at home there - that is until I try doing the dishes and realize my parents have organized everything completely different. Why didn't they think of me when re-organizing the kitchen...you never know when I'll pop in to do the dishes. Anyways, Christmas was perfect and I loved being with my family again. It is so different when I'm with Mike's family since we see each other every week (which I love), but I really do miss seeing my parents and just talking with them and laughing about everything.

Now, you might be wondering where all my fabulous pictures are of this vacation...and that would be in my head. My camera broke down right before our trip. (rest in peace little Canon!!) Mike graciously offered me his camera, but it just wasn't the same. So...that is my (legitimate) excuse for no photos. Just let my eloquent words paint the perfect picture for you. Ha...good one. Anyways, We really had a fabulous vacation and I can't wait to go back to Northern California for some more racing, food tours and fun!

Moving on to New Year's Eve. I'm happy to report we did not get into a car accident this year! Yeah for us. Last year (right in the middle of wedding planning) Mike and I got into 2 car accidents...but this year, we are starting fresh and so good so far! *crossing fingers!* Our New Years Eve was pretty fun. We watched a movie with Aunt Sue, Teri and Bob. It was so foggy that night we couldn't see any fireworks - but we hear them. Poor Mike was tuckered out, so by midnight, I gave him a little kiss and sent him to bed. Ah the joys of married life...a New Years Eve kiss is just another kiss from the one you love. It is still magical though!

So that takes us up to January! 2009 started with a bang for us. We spend quality time with friends and family, but it was back to the grindstone. Our lives now consist of work, Mike's school, our callings and occasionally spending some time with friends. For me, work went from busy to light-speed! We have been hiring new people to help even out the workload, but I find myself doing the work of 3 people sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...I'm the kind of person that THRIVES off chaos and stress. So even though it has been draining, I still love my job! I find myself craving for new struggles and "roadbumps" because I know I'll get through it and be a better leader! As a reminder to those who might not understand what I do...I am the Account Executive at LACED Interactive. No...that doesn't mean I'm an accountant. Quite opposite acutally. I deal with all of our clients as their main contact. I organize, manage and maintain projects and client relations. I'm the "mom" of the agency so to speak - making sure everyone plays nice with each other while getting projects completed and keeping clients happy!

Mike has also been super busy with work and school and his calling. (Executive Secretary). I always wonder how he juggles it all...and then I get my answer when he crashes on Sunday afternoons. He is a hard-worker and I'm really proud of him! He is such a great provider.

Well...I think this post is completed. But don't worry...I'll be posting soon about some exciting things! To give you a little preview of what's up next...Mike and I hit our 1 Year anniversary on Feb. 22nd, I have some Young Women activity updates and remember....I only blogged up to January! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating. Sorry I had to yell at you.

The Katoa Family said...

Aaaawwwww I didn't know you had a blog (thank you FB)...you and mike are so cute! You need to update- it's been over a month :)..j/k...I know you're busy. See you Sunday.