Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Calling

So it is official, I am the new 2nd Counselor in the Young Womans Program for our ward. I'm responsible for the cute Beehives. (12-13 year olds). Today we met with the Young Woman as their new Presidency and they are just a sweet bunch of girls. We were so welcomed into the program and I think I got more hugs today than at my wedding reception! I am so excited to teach, lead and befriend the girls and I can't wait to get started! If anyone has any good suggestions, let me know.

One perk about this new calling is the fact that I get to spend more time with Carissa, my cousin (in-law). Carissa and I became fast friends while I lived with her family before Mike and I were married. She and I always manage to have fun...even if it means working 3 hours to put together an IKEA dresser. Even though I love being married and wouldn't trade it for the world, I do sometimes miss the chats we had late and night. But, now I'm just around the corner from her, so we can still have the late night chats.

Not to boast, but I am really lucky to have such a loving family so close to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do miss those times!!
i'm always here for you. (:

we had some pretty good times in the
3 months you lived here. time goes by fast. it just donned on me that you were living here like...more than a year ago. holy smokes.

i'm sooo happy you're in YW!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess.. How are you yay I found you on this blogger world lol Just wanted you say and hi and I was thinking about you this week.. Hope life is going great.