One of our first days, we were able to go snorkeling, boating and hiking to a waterfall! The day was so amazing and we had a blast. When we snorkeled, we saw and held starfish, saw sea urchins, and the cutest puffer fish in the sea! After that adventure, Mike did this hilarious imitation of our cute puffer fish and it made me laugh all week long. Here's the cute face caught on film...
We hiked through this tiny village and up path to this gorgeous waterfall.
We hiked through this tiny village and up path to this gorgeous waterfall.
On our boat ride to the small village and snorkeling spot, I got sea sick. I hate the fact that I get sea sick, but there isn't much I can do about it. My Aunt Patty gave me some great tips that helped me keep my mind off the nauseousness and one of those tips is to pretend to drive to boat. As goofy as that sounds...it actually worked! Thanks Aunt Patty!
This picture is more of an inside joke. When you walk into the entrance of the Grand Mayan, you walk into this black marbled corridor that is barely lit and there is Mayan tribal music playing in the distance. Also, there are 14 40-foot Mayan warrior statues that scared the crap out of me when I walked in. You just don't expect to see these huge warriors standing in front of you when you walk into a hotel entrance. Well, in this picture I overcame my fear of the Mayan warriors but I still thought it was a creepy room.
No comments:
Post a Comment