Adam and Marci had a brilliant idea for our vacation! They got tickets to a Boston Red Soxs game in Fenway park and this was such an amazing experience! Even though Mike and I aren't big fans, it was so much fun going to the game and singing "Take me out the ball game". I think the best part of the game was the die-hard, Boston-born fan I sat next to. He was hilarious! With his thick Boston accent, he kept chatting with me - assuming I was a die hard fan as well. And I didn't want to disappoint him, so I didn't correct him and pretended to be a die-hard fan too. We talked about the pitcher, the players history - well...HE talked, I just agreed and added the general comments such as... "Oh, I know...the team would die with out him!" "Look at that play! Beautiful!" It made for a memorable experience. And even when he found out that my family didn't know what terms or plays meant...or when the World Series was...I pretended to be appalled with my new friend. It was pretty funny.
We had some pretty good seats! Here is a picture to prove we were actually watching the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment