Friday, May 11, 2012

Slightly Uncomfortable

The countdown has officially begun! We have 46 days left until our Cookie is done baking.
And let me tell you, I'm ready!

Sure I have anxiety about being a mom, or weird pregnancy dreams that I'll lose her or drop her which doesn't help with the anxiety...but boy, am I ready to not be pregnant any more. Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant and I'm enjoying every moment I can, but motherhood is just one sacrifice after another I've noticed...and I'm technically not even a mom yet.

I had the best dream last night that I was actually able to sleep on my stomach and see my feet while standing.
*Sigh* ...one day.

On the bright side, we are still tickled pink every time we feel Cookie's big kicks, so it's worth it. I've grown fond of the kicks she gives me right before bed. I've learned to put my stomach against Mike so he gets a small sense of what it feels like. He is still amazed how hard Cookie can kick. I think she is just showing off for Daddy.

We are also starting some of our parenting classes next week which I'm hoping calms my anxious side and helps the uber excited side to come out more.

Below are just some pictures from my phone showing me slightly ornery, proof from my What to Expect When Expecting book that my crankiness is justified, and then lastly, Mike and I playing Donkey Kong together on our old Super Nintendo for Family Night.

Just a glimpse into our day-to-day.


xoxo

No comments: