So this post will be a smorgasbord of thoughts and updates.
First, Mike finished his semester with 4 A's and one B+ in Advanced Physics. I married a hard-working genius! Mike has a little bit of a break before his next semester starts, but he will be filling his time manning the computer store while his boss in out of town. No rest for him...
I am thrilled to announce to the blogging world that Mike officially has 2 semesters left of school and then we graduate!!
I know, I know...I've already graduated from college (it will be 5 years in May! Eeek! Getting old!) but I really feel like I am back in school with the late night papers and prepping for final projects and exams! I might not be the one physically taking the tests, but I am right there with Mike emotionally-speaking. Plus, I get to be on the other side of this equation... paying the tuition! So I get a glimpse into what my parents went through for me!
Not that much fun.
For all of my followers who want to know the "Bottom Line" for this post...here it is.
I'm cutting to the chase...this means in February
(which just happens to coincide with our 3 year anniversary)
we will be starting fresh and moving out of our little bungalow in Lomita, CA.
Where will we go?
Good question...I have no idea!! And for me not to know where we will end up is torture! But I keep hearing my Dad's voice in my head repeating the words he told me when I was 12...
"Moving is an adventure...you can either face it and find the excitement or you can pout and moan and miss out on all the fun"
I choose fun!
So, I would love to hear what you all think...Where do you think we will end up? And for those who need a refresher course...Mike is graduating in Computer Engineering, so basically we can move anywhere.
(and I'm secretly hoping we can move to Italy and buy a villa and spend our days watching the sunset and riding bikes through the small town near us...)
Hey...a girl can dream! But in all seriousness, I am pulling for San Francisco area but in case that doesn't work out, I have to go on the record saying that I'm happy with whatever.
Now, since this post is labeled Updates & Desires...here is the desires section of my ranting - besides the Italy blurb...
When we get the luxury of no longer having to pay tuition, I've casually mentioned a few additions to Mike that I would LOVE to make as soon as our budget will allow. Take a look at these beautiful pieces from Pottery Barn...
I swoon over amazing furniture and perfectly designed rooms...
I am thrilled to announce to the blogging world that Mike officially has 2 semesters left of school and then we graduate!!
I know, I know...I've already graduated from college (it will be 5 years in May! Eeek! Getting old!) but I really feel like I am back in school with the late night papers and prepping for final projects and exams! I might not be the one physically taking the tests, but I am right there with Mike emotionally-speaking. Plus, I get to be on the other side of this equation... paying the tuition! So I get a glimpse into what my parents went through for me!
Not that much fun.
For all of my followers who want to know the "Bottom Line" for this post...here it is.
I'm cutting to the chase...this means in February
(which just happens to coincide with our 3 year anniversary)
we will be starting fresh and moving out of our little bungalow in Lomita, CA.
Where will we go?
Good question...I have no idea!! And for me not to know where we will end up is torture! But I keep hearing my Dad's voice in my head repeating the words he told me when I was 12...
"Moving is an adventure...you can either face it and find the excitement or you can pout and moan and miss out on all the fun"
I choose fun!
So, I would love to hear what you all think...Where do you think we will end up? And for those who need a refresher course...Mike is graduating in Computer Engineering, so basically we can move anywhere.
My Mom & Dad are voting for San Francisco area. Mike's parents are voting for LA area. Adam & Marci are hoping we are East Coast bound and my BFF Holly is wishing for Northern California
(and I'm secretly hoping we can move to Italy and buy a villa and spend our days watching the sunset and riding bikes through the small town near us...)
Hey...a girl can dream! But in all seriousness, I am pulling for San Francisco area but in case that doesn't work out, I have to go on the record saying that I'm happy with whatever.
Now, since this post is labeled Updates & Desires...here is the desires section of my ranting - besides the Italy blurb...
When we get the luxury of no longer having to pay tuition, I've casually mentioned a few additions to Mike that I would LOVE to make as soon as our budget will allow. Take a look at these beautiful pieces from Pottery Barn...
I swoon over amazing furniture and perfectly designed rooms...
I love this bed frame with white curtains draped on either sides

I adore these sheets! And I've already received Mike's blessing since I thought they might be too girly for him. Shhh...don't tell him if they are, he hasn't seemed to notice yet!

Lastly, I love trunks!! I have one in my living room as we speak, acting as an end table for my Reading Chair. But this trunk is fabulous and it comes in 2 sizes...

Oh Pottery Barn...you are such a tease!
Well, some people may think I'm crazy...but these little gems will get me through the next 8 months of saving all my pennies for tuition!
And then saving more pennies to pay for the gems! Haha!!
Well, some people may think I'm crazy...but these little gems will get me through the next 8 months of saving all my pennies for tuition!
And then saving more pennies to pay for the gems! Haha!!
3 comments:
I vote for the San Fran area! Then we can hang out by the pool again and look at our bridal magazines! Sounds good, since no one else has said anything, I think I win! =) Good luck with the decisions!
We choose San Diego.. but since that option wasn't mentioned... we choose Italy. We will be the first to come visit you. Sending you all our love. XOXOXO Patty, Danny and Gram
You're so fun Jess! I vote for Washington state! :)
Post a Comment