Ok people...the tree is gone, the Christmas decorations are put away and the sugary treats are out of the house. It’s January! And that means a new start. I love January just as much as I adore Christmas time. With Christmas you have the wonderful songs, the spirit of giving and the hope that Santa really does exists and your parents were lying to you all these years. With January, you have the resolutions, a clean slate of a year and the hope and potential to be anyone you want to be. (Can you tell I’m an obsessive list-maker?)
I love lists. I love goals. I love planning. But more importantly, I love crossing things off my list! I feel so accomplished and, well, let’s face it...amazing! But, before I get carried away with my 2010 Goals, here is a breakdown of our Christmas:
This year was my first Christmas without my Anderson half. Yup, it’s a milestone in my marriage, but this was the first year I was not with my family for the holidays. Luckily, my parents loved me enough to come to Southern California for Thanksgiving, so I wasn’t completely cut-off. But, Mike and I were hopeful this year since it was our chance to start our own family traditions.
Things actually turned out fabulous except for one aspect. For the life of me, I could NOT recreate my Dad’s holiday recipes. I wanted to bring some amazing dishes into our Pless family traditions and it turns out...I’m not as skilled in the kitchen as my dad. Granted, he has a few years of practice on me, but I was secretly hoping to be able to make a culinary masterpiece without any experience. Mike thinks I’m being too hard on myself since he thought my recreations were masterpieces in their own rite...but I don’t know if he is just saying that or if he really means it. I guess I’ll never know. Either way, thanks Dad for sending me your awesome recipes. It was fun trying them out.
Back to the holidays, Mike and I spent time with Mike’s family throughout our break since they live 10 minutes away, but we really had a great time keeping this year simple. We did Christmas with just the two of us and it was really peaceful ... and short. It doesn’t take that long for two people to open gifts. 10 minutes tops. But the one gift I was super excited for (a birthday/Christmas combo gift) was my amazing over-sized reading chair Mike got me. I can’t decide what I love more...the actual chair or the fact I found it at a 75% discount! Thanks Z Gallerie Warehouse! Also on our time off, we went to Universal Studios, Mike went snowboarding and I went ice-skating and we had a blast just relaxing at home with friends and family.
All in all, we had an amazing holiday season and we ended the year exactly how I imagined it...together chaperoning at an awkward Church Youth Dance. Haha...well, not exactly as I pictured it, but we were together and there was lots of dancing! I feel so blessed to have shared this past year with my best friend and love of my life. We have had an amazing year together with lots of love and laughs in our home and we look forward to what 2010 brings! Now...onward with the New Year and all the new possibilities! 2010 Resolutions...here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment