Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Time...Geek Style!

Last Halloween was so depressing! Mike and I carved pumpkins last year and within 48 hours, they completely rotted! (The nerve of that mold...ruining my holiday spirit!) But that wasn't the worst part of our Halloween last year; we had no trick-or-treaters, even though I had a mount of candy, and Mike and I just sat watching TV movies all night. Totally pathetic.

Well, this year I was bound and determined to make a change. And here was my first brilliant idea...

Say hello to our pumpkins this year. I'd like to see the mold attack these beauties!

I saw this amazing craft blog a few months ago that gave me the idea to paint computer monitors as pumpkins as a replacement for carving. Since Southern California is so hot during October, I thought it was the perfect idea for two computer geeks like us! Don't worry, the monitors were completely useless and about to be recycled. It makes me giggle to think what the recycle company is going to say when they see these bad boys...

This one is mine...an alien pumpkin I've been carving since I was young thanks to my brother. It's a tradition now.

This one is Mike's.
I do have to say, we are getting some weird looks for neighbors, but it has put Mike and I in the best Halloween mood ever! This year is lookin' up!

1 comment:

Margaret Marshall Moon said...

That's a fantastic idea! They look great!