Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello, My Name is Jessica and I'm a CRAFT Addict!

One of my big reasons I wanted to start a blog was to share some of the crafting projects I have on my plate. By no means am I the Picasso of the craft world, but I think I can proudly say that I can hold my own. But one of the things I LOVE to do is to see what other people are doing...and use their ideas to benefit me. So, as a true addict, I have craft list of things I want to do in a few days, a stash of projects to do when kids come and a whole mother-load of ideas when we buy our first house. These projects also range from cute little flower headbands to a whole refurbished kitchen in Cape Cod style. Now, before any of you ask, Mike does know about my "little" addiction and he actually thinks it's cute. Sigh...I married the perfect man. Moving on.

One project I was super proud of was making my own fabric Binder Clips. My good friend Michele (Head of the PTA mind you...I have friends in high places) needed a cute and inexpensive gift for her incoming PTA staff. Well, I brilliantly pulled this fun little number out of my craft list. Like I said...I've got a craft project for everything. Seriously...try me. ;) Not only did we do our own personalized Binder Clips, but we also made our own note pads for them. And let's be honest...everything is better when it is unique and personalized.



Well, the Binder Clips and notepads were a huge hit with the staff! And to be honest, I am always looking for a good reason to use my craft ideas...especially if it helps a friend out! So...this blog entry is ushering in more entries about my craft adventures as well as the adventures Mike and I take! Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Broughton said...

Very Cute Jess!!!! I love doing crafts as well, I wish I had the time and money to do more, but it is really fun! Good job on those and kep up the posts, I always love new ideas!

-Erica

Stacey said...

Very Cute!

Parkinson Family said...

Oh so cute! Great job Jess! I love to see craft projects! I agree it's so much more special to have a personalized gift. I've seen some similar sold at Staples that I have admired!