Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Gram!

Monday, May 4th was my Grandma's 95th birthday! Whoo Hoo!! Mike and I were able to head down to San Diego for a day to spend some quality time with her and all my aunts, my parents, my cousins Heather and her adorable daughter Mikayla, Debbie and Rachel and my uncle Danny. It was a pretty sweet day. First of all, this was Mike's first day off (besides Sundays) since our Anniversary. So we were able to spend the entire day together and it was magical! I love spending time with my husband...he just gets so busy with work, school and his calling that he never has spare time. But the day was perfect. I keep forgetting that we are only a 2 hours drive away from my family! We visited with everyone and went to dinner (at 3:30p.m.) to El Torito. Then we had carrot cake and icecream and watched Gram open her presents. She is such a fiesty woman and I am so proud of her. I mean...come on...95 years old!!

One of the greatest things about seeing my extended family is my aunts. They are a hoot. My mom has 4 sisters (2 older and 2 younger) and I love each and everyone of them for different reasons. I guess I see a little of myself in each of them. But I love Carol's giving heart, D.G's youthful attitude towards life, Patty's assertiveness and Jeanne's sense of humor. But most of all, every time we are all together, it seems there is a ton of laughing and a lot of love. But, there is one of the sisters I love the most...my mom. I'm always really proud of my mom. She has so many traits I want but she is very humble about all of her talents and gifts. She doesn't hide them, but she has a great way of making everyone around her feel at ease. It's a talent!

Well...it was a fabulous day and I loved seeing everyone. Happy Birthday Gram! I love you!

1 comment:

Betty - Gram said...

Dear Jessica and Mike, thank you for coming to my birthday party. It was a joy to see you both! Thank you for immortalizing me in your blog. We hope to see you both in San Diego again soon. All my love, Gram