It has been a ridiculous amount of time since my last post. I have no clue where August went.
Seriously.
But, I've realized I haven't done Things I Love post in a while and it's time for me to sound off on all the little quirks and traits I love about my little Jack-a-Rooney.
So, here we go...
I absolutely love the fact that I can ask for a hug and a kiss and Jack comes running to me with his arms open, blowing kisses.
I love how he reaches his hand out for mine when we are going down the stairs, and then how confident he is when he has my hand.
I love how he runs with his belly pushed out...like it's navigating his path.
I love how he sleeps on his tummy with his bum in the air every night.
I love his laugh when he thinks something is really funny and his other loud laugh that imitates Mike.
I love how Jack follows Mike around the house and tries to be like Daddy in every way possible.
Even though it adds work to my day, I love how Jack tries to "help" me organize the house by putting dishes away from the dishwasher, putting his dirty clothes...somewhere, and hiding my wallet and/or car keys.
I love the fact that I get to sit him on my lap each day and have a jibber-jabber conversation without any distractions and let him know his mama is listening and cares about how his day is going.
I love all the times he looks up at me while playing, or strolling on our walks, or reading, with the biggest, most genuine smile I've ever seen.
I still adore his snuggles and consider it the best part of my day.
I love how he expects a taste test every few minutes when I'm cooking...just like Mike...and how he eats pretty much anything we give him as long as we are eating the same thing.
I love how smart he is and how he knows how to work my iPhone already.
And last but not least, I love when he runs up to me, crawls into my lap and puts his head on my shoulder like it's the best place to be in his little world.
...Makes me feel like the most important person in the world.
This week, I've been stressed with life stuff and figuring out how to make ends meet...especially since we plan on moving to San Francisco (hopefully) by the end of the year. Yay!
But each time I get uber stressed, I'm always reminded of how richly blessed I am to have two amazing men in my life. I could live in a shoebox apartment and eat Top Ramen every night and still consider myself the richest girl in the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment