Thursday, March 22, 2012

So Long 2nd Trimester...

I was browsing through pictures on my phone and realized I should post them on my blog for those of you who haven't already seen these shots on Facebook.

Plus, it's time for more updates.

It's almost time to say goodbye to the wonderful, happy, cute preggo pictures, nausea-free 2nd Trimester and welcome the "holy crap this is coming too soon and I'm going to be a mom" 3rd Trimester.

In last week's appointment with my wonderful Dr. Kim, I voiced that I'm a little nervous about the quickly upcoming birth and couldn't believe how time flew by...
She said she heard that a lot.

On the baby news, our little girl is healthy & growing right on schedule. I'm hoping everything stays that way till it's time for her to come...in June...no earlier than June.
I keep telling her, "Remember, Mama wants to be ready for this too... Early arrivals will stress her out." Hopefully she listens.

In other news, Mike and I had our 4 year anniversary in February and took a weekend vacation to Catalina Island (which is about an hour boat ride from where we are.)

Catalina is one of our favorite little places in the off-season.

We hate the on-season. Too many people.

But, we spent the weekend in this cute hotel and walked around the little town...which seriously is just one main street. The weather was perfect and we ditched our cellphones to just be with each other before our little Cookie arrives. It. Was. Perfect!

Mike insisted we buy this stuffed animal for our girl. It is a mix between a monkey and a duck...or otherwise known as a Dunkey.

...I'm betting this creepy thing gives our girl nightmares, but who knows, maybe she will love it.


Here we are getting on the boat to Catalina. It was our first sunny day in weeks!


After Catalina, I headed up to Northern California without Mike (sad..) to spend time with my parents before I become a parent. (happy!)

The last time they were with me, I was smack-dab in the middle of my 1st Trimester and I was NOT a happy camper. Nausea will do that to a girl. So, I was determined to leave a better memory of myself before the baby...and since the 2nd Trimester has been heaven, it seemed like perfect timing.

It was a quick trip, but we accomplished so much! My mom and I went to Babies R Us to register
(which took 3 hours!)
I never knew there was so much stuff for babies...totally overwhelming.

Then we relaxed with pedicures (hallelujah!) and dove right into Baby Shower planning. We also ordered the cutest baby blessing dress together and her adorable bedding. I can't wait for her to use it! I'll post pictures of both so you can bask in the total cuteness with me!

Then on Saturday, my dad joined the Baby-palooza craziness and we all went over to San Francisco, my favorite town, for some good ol' fashioned fun.
Our San Fran musts consist of the Cliffhouse restaurant for brunch, Miette bakery for macaroons, salted caramels and lavender shortbread cookies, Smitten ice-cream which is beyond good, the Marketplace and then Boudin for some authentic sourdough bread. I had to pick up a loaf for Mike since he was bummed he couldn't be with us. I'm such a good wife! And to finish off the day, we go to Scoma's for dinner and a trip to Ghirardelli for more ice-cream.

We did do other things besides eat, but those things don't matter as much apparently. Haha!

Then, to finish the perfect weekend, I went to church with my parents and saw all the familiar faces that make me feel at home again. It was fun to catch up with everyone and get tons of hugs. Hugs make me happy. :)

Plus, everyone commented on my growing baby bump, which I purposely saved for last.

Here is my bump with my little girl (aka: Cookie, Little Miss, The Kid) ...

...or as we've decided to name her, Charlotte Elaine.

Charlie for short.

Say hello to everyone Charlie...
xoxo

4 comments:

Nathan and Colette said...

We are naming our girl Caroline Elaine, small world! haha, you are looking good!

Anonymous said...

You look cute and I love her name!

Shauna said...

I love the name, especially Charlie for short! Also do not worry too much about delivery, you will now exactly what to do. Definitely get an epidural it was a life saver and allowed me to relax and enjoy the moment! Also getting the epidural is not as scary as everyone and the internet makes it sound. You will do great!

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

love love the name!! I can't wait to see her! Your dad told us to go to the cliffhouse last time we were in San Fran & we fell in love! How fun to spend time with your mom & dad! You have wonderful parents! :)