Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Birthday Cake

When is comes to Mike's birthday, he is always excited about one thing...

His birthday cake.

When we were first married, I thought it would be nice to make Mike a themed cake from scratch. When I was little, my mom always make me a themed cake and I thought it was the coolest thing ever! I mean, come on...who wouldn't love a personalized birthday cake?

Mike absolutely loved this idea and it has become his birthday tradition.


For his 24th birthday, I made him Lego Cakes (there were 5 different shapes and sizes).

For his 25th birthday, I made a guitar cake which was surprisingly easy to make.

And this year, for his 26th birthday, he got a karate gee


They are not professional and there is always some kind of mistake, but no one seems to notice (or care).

To add to the specialness of the day, the cake was Nutter Butter flavor; which happens to be Mike's favorite cookie.

And since Mike is a black belt, I figured I hit the jackpot this year.

I know...I rock.


Also, as an update...

Mike finished his semester on Friday and (as usual) he got all A's!

This semester was extremely hard for him since he was working full time, maintaining his church calling and dealing with 19 credit hours. It's safe to say that we are both extremely happy this semester is over. He is heading into HIS LAST SEMESTER on Monday!!!

WooHoo!!

Thank you to everyone who helped and supported us this semester! We love you all!

No comments: