Monday, September 6, 2010

Family & Memories....

This year has been a tough one. We lost two great women from the Armacost side of our family. My Aunt D.G. lost her battle with cancer recently and my Grandma just passed away this afternoon. Both women were great inspirations to me and possessed qualities that I strive for in my daily life.
With my Gram being 96 years old, we knew her time on this Earth was coming to an end. I was so grateful for the chance to sit by her side, tell her how much I love her and say goodbye for now.

A few of my favorite memories were finding her loose change with her metal detector in her back yard, helping her with crossword puzzles and trips to the San Diego Zoo.

She did such an amazing job raising her 5 girls and loving her 21 grandchildren.
D.G. was my mom's 2nd oldest sister and a prefect example of a loving, patient person. Each of my aunts have been a great influence in my life and it is so hard to see one of them pass away. Even though we were happy to see D.G. free from pain, we can definitely miss her sweet smile and warm laugh.

The great thing through all of this sadness, is the truth that we know Families are Forever. I'm sad that D.G. and Gram are no longer with us in this life, but I'm excited to reunite with them in the next. For now, we send our love to them and remember the happy memories.

To all my aunts (here and there), I love you!
To Gram, you were the best grandma ever! I love you forever and always.
And to my Mom, I love you "just a little bit more"!

2 comments:

Betty - Gram said...

Wow! Jessica - this is the best tribute to DG and Gram. You are awesome! Love, Patty & Jeanne

Cindy Brink said...

Knowing your mom means these ladies must be equally as wonderful. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
p.s. you need to check out our food blog when you're lacking ideas for dinner
twopeasandapot.blogspot.com